Analyze Your Career Planning
- Assess Your Personality and Life Values, Goals.
- Determine High School course Load, How many AP or IB tests to take, and similar academic questions
- Review of NUMBERS: High School transcripts, and Standardized Test Scores (SAT, ACT, and PSAT), their relative importance in college admissions, Guidance on Standardized Test preparation.
- Explore Extracurricular Activities and Interests, Awards, Competitions (AMC, Siemens, Intel Science, Olympiads). Developing a plan for activities to pursue, demonstrate an interest/passion.
- Assessment of your particular high school’s resources and how best to make use of them.
- Suggestions for pursuing opportunities outside of your high school (bitWise Academy).
Sophomores and Juniors
- Assistance with applications to summer programs, contests, and internships as appropriate. Activity time management, Summer Opportunities, Internships.
- For students interested in athletic recruitment, assistance with contacting college coaches.
- Initial development of list of colleges to research and visit.
- Advice about how to make the most of your college visits.
- Finding a good college fit based on the student personality, scores, and interest.
- Answer parent questions related to admissions, financial aid, and long-term career prospects.
- Review of high school transcripts, standardized test scores (SAT), extracurricular activities, and interests.
- Review and editing of multiple essay drafts, including detailed feedback that improves both the quality of the writing and how well the essays convey your personality.
- Suggest and assist with picking instructors for Letters of Recommendation.
- Development of list of prospective colleges in the course of in-depth discussions about your desires, accomplishments, and goals.
- Assistance with senior year course selection, with an eye to your current college aspirations; homework and activity time management guidance.
- Discussion of if, where, and how to apply “early” to a college.
- Careful review of admission requirements at each college to which you are applying; development of timetable for completing application components.
- Assistance and guidance in FAFSA application.
- Assistance with navigating being “deferred” in a college’s early applicant pool.
- Assistance with navigating being placed on a college’s waitlist.